Day 222 | Tuesday, 27 October 2020
Psalm 147 various verses CEB
Praise the Lord! Because it is good to sing praise to our God!
Because it is a pleasure to make beautiful praise!
3 God heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds.
4 God counts the stars by number, giving each one a name.
5 Our Lord is great and so strong! God’s knowledge can’t be grasped!
7 Sing to the Lord with thanks; sing praises to our God with a lyre!
8 God covers the skies with clouds; God makes rain for the earth;
God makes the mountains sprout green grass.
9God gives food to the animals—even to the baby ravens when they cry out.
11 The Lord treasures the people who honor him, the people who wait for his faithful love. 12 Worship the Lord.
1 Hallelujah! It's a good thing to sing praise to our God; praise is beautiful, praise is fitting.
3 He heals the heartbroken and bandages their wounds.
4 He counts the stars and assigns each a name.
5 Our Lord is great, with limitless strength; we'll never comprehend what he knows and does
7 Sing to God a thanksgiving hymn, play music on your instruments to God,
8 Who fills the sky with clouds, preparing rain for the earth, Then turning the mountains green with grass, 9 feeding both cattle and crows. 11 Those who fear God get God's attention; they can depend on his strength. 12 Worship God! Praise your God!
A Hymn that goes along with Psalm 147 is “Rejoice, Ye Pure in Heart” words by Edward H. Plumptre, 1865.
1. “Rejoice, ye pure in heart; rejoice, give thanks, and sing; your glorious banner wave on high, the cross of Christ your King. Rejoice, rejoice, rejoice, give thanks and sing.”
2. “Your clear hosannas raise, and alleluias loud; whilst answering echoes upward float, like wreaths of incense cloud. Rejoice, rejoice, rejoice, give thanks and sing.”
3. “Yes, on through life’s long path, still chanting as ye go; from youth to age, by night and day, in gladness and in woe. Rejoice, rejoice, rejoice, give thanks and sing.”
4. “At last the march shall end; the wearied ones shall rest; the pilgrims find their heavenly home, Jerusalem the blest. Rejoice, rejoice, rejoice, give thanks and sing.”
5. “Praise God who reigns on high, the Lord whom we adore, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, one God forever more. Rejoice, rejoice, rejoice, give thanks and sing.”
Both the Psalm and the hymn are a reminder to me that we need to rejoice and give thanks to God for so many reasons. I have to admit that at this time, in this place in the world with all that is going on with COVID and politics, I find it harder to rejoice and give thanks. Then I remind myself that God is great and strong and worthy of all my thanks and praise. Rejoice, worship and praise God for all that I am and all that I have.
Gracious and Holy God, you are worthy of my praise. This hymn is one I could sing every day and still never give You enough thanks for your goodness and grace. Continue to surprise us so that we are able to raise our Hosannas and alleluias as loudly as we might. Lord, hear our prayers. Amen.
COVID-19 update as of 10-26 at 5PM. Cases in the county are up to 966 with 282 in zip code 14701 and 27 in Lakewood.