Day 247 | Saturday, 21 November 2020
Day 247| Saturday, 21 November 2020
Let my whole being bless the Lord! Let everything inside me bless his holy name!
2 Let my whole being bless the Lord and never forget all his good deeds:
3 how God forgives all your sins, heals all your sickness,
4 saves your life from the pit, crowns you with faithful love and compassion,
5 and satisfies you with plenty of good things so that your youth is made fresh like an eagle’s. 6 The Lord works righteousness; does justice for all who are oppressed.
7 God made his ways known to Moses; made his deeds known to the Israelites.
8 The Lord is compassionate and merciful, very patient, and full of faithful love.
9 God won’t always play the judge; he won’t be angry forever.
10 He doesn’t deal with us according to our sin or repay us according to our wrongdoing,
11 because as high as heaven is above the earth, that’s how large God’s faithful love is for those who honor him.
12 As far as east is from west—that’s how far God has removed our sin from us.
13 Like a parent feels compassion for their children—that’s how the Lord feels compassion for those who honor him.
14 Because God knows how we’re made, God remembers we’re just dust.
15 The days of a human life are like grass: they bloom like a wildflower;
16 but when the wind blows through it, it’s gone; even the ground where it stood doesn’t remember it.
17 But the Lord’s faithful love is from forever ago to forever from now for those who honor him.
And God’s righteousness reaches to the grandchildren
18 of those who keep his covenant and remember to keep his commands.
19 The Lord has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all. 20 You divine messengers, bless the Lord! You who are mighty in power and keep his word,
who obey everything he says, bless him!
21 All you heavenly forces, bless the Lord! All you who serve him and do his will, bless him!
22 All God’s creatures, bless the Lord! Everywhere, throughout his kingdom, let my whole being
bless the Lord!
A Hymn that reflects this Psalm is “Praise to the Lord, the Almighty” words by Joachim Neander, 1680
1. Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation! O my soul, praise him, for he is thy health and Salvation! All ye who hear, now to his temple draw near; join me in glad adoration!
2. Praise to the Lord, who o’er all things so wondrously reigning bears thee on Eagles wings, e’er in his keeping maintaining. God's care enfolds all, whose true good he upholds. Hast thou not known his sustaining?
3. Praise to the Lord, who doth prosper thy work and defend thee; surely his goodness and mercy here daily attend thee. Ponder anew what the Almighty can do, who with his love doth be friend thee.
4. Praise to the Lord, who doth nourish thy life and restore thee, fitting thee well for the tasks that are ever before thee. Then to thy need God as a mother doth speed, spreading the wings of grace o’er thee.
5. Praise to the Lord! O let all that is in me adore him! All that hath life and breath, come now with praises before him! Let the amen sound from his people again; gladly forever adore him.
Lord, today let our whole being bless and praise you! Amen
Leave a Reply.
Rev. Douglas Knopp, Pastor Emeritus