Day 95 | Monday, 22 June 2020
COVID cases in the county are now at 118 with 32 in our battalion.
From the church Mouse
Provides the most protein per calorie and the least amount of fat. Good substitute for meat.
Provides rich quantities of protein.
Cottage cheese is a preferred diet of body builders as it provides rich amounts of protein to the body. Just a single serving of this low-calorie food contains as high as fifteen grams of protein. Much part of this protein is in the form of casein, which is a slow digesting type of protein. Although the quantity of protein is much low than that found in meat and poultry but is one of the best vegetarian sources of protein. The high protein content present in the form of casein, help to make cottage cheese a high satiety food, which is capable of reducing hunger for long periods of time.
Spinach 'n' Broccoli Enchiladas:
Total Time: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. Makes:8 serving
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
• 1 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
• 1 cup picante sauce, divided
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 cup Daisy 1% cottage cheese
• 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
• 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
• Preheat oven to 350°. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook and stir onion in oil until tender. Add spinach, broccoli, 1/3 cup picante sauce, garlic powder and cumin, heat through.
• Remove from heat; stir in cottage cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Spoon about 1/3 cup spinach mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon remaining picante sauce over top.
• Cover and bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Today: Please keep Wendy Howig in your prayers this week as she is at Roswell undergoing a procedure for her cancer. She will be in the hospital for a few weeks.
Lord, we begin another week praying for rain. As more places begin to open in our area, we pray that your Spirit will keep us calm as some of us are uncertain about our safety. Continue to give us wisdom and strength. Lord, Hear our prayers. Amen